Last updated and effective: January 26, 2023
GamerProfiles’ mission is to bring the gamers of our world together, to give you the power to create and nurture meaningful connections across all games. We do this by giving you the power to find your perfect gaming friends for every game, to play, chat and have fun together! We want to positively impact the lives of many people through the gaming products we create.
In order to support this wish and to maintain a friendly, safe and positive experience for all users, you must follow these community guidelines. They are pretty obvious and what you would expect, containing things you can do and things you should not do. Basically: be good, don’t do evil or inappropriate stuff.
Nonetheless, we feel that it’s important to have them written down once. This document will be updated regularly, but the spirit will stay the same.
We expect each user to uphold their communication and channels to this guideline, and we may intervene if the community guidelines are not upheld. To protect the integrity of the gamer community, GamerProfiles reserves the right to take actions against any account at any time for any conduct that we determine to be inappropriate or harmful. Such actions may include: removal of content, a strike on the account, and/or deletion of the account.
Do this to your heart’s content:
★ Have fun in general (in a way which does not hurt yourself or others)
★ Make friends
★ Play games with your friends
★ Chat with your friends and hang out in channels
★ Let the world know what kind of unique gamer you are
Do NOT do the following:
If you do, we will remove content and issue a warning, but cases of extreme severity or subsequent misconduct will result in account deletion.
• Breaking the law or doing anything illegal on GamerProfiles. You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while using our services. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering, or soliciting illegal activity is prohibited. Do not violate any applicable laws or regulations, or promote or encourage any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking, cracking or distribution of pirated software, or cheats or hacks for our or another company or person's service.
• Organizing and participating in any form of harassment. Do not engage in or post content encouraging the harassment of individuals or groups. If someone is harassing you or others, be proactive and block/remove from channels or unfriend them immediately.
• Sharing or promoting content that encourages discrimination, denigration, harassment, or violence based on the following characteristics: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability and serious medical condition.
• Sharing or posting links to content related to minors that is sexually suggestive, violent, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate.
• Sharing or posting links to content with intent to shame or degrade another individual. Do not share sexually explicit content of other people without their consent. Do not share or promote sharing of revenge porn.
• Sharing or posting links to images of extreme violence, gore, animal cruelty or other obscene conduct. Do not share or post graphic images for sadistic pleasure, glorification or celebration of violence.
• Sharing or posting links to content glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide. This includes any content that encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counseling or treatment.
• Sharing content that violates another person's contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights.
• Sharing content that is directly threatening someone's physical or financial state. Do not threaten to harm another person or someone related to another person in any capacity. Do not tell other people you will hurt or kill them.
• Do not share or threaten to share personal information of another user - this includes but is not limited to real name, home address, phone number, email, social security number or other IDs, and photos. Respect other people's desire for privacy.
• Circumventing tools that enable users to protect themselves and/or repeatedly targeting a user with unwanted friend requests or messages. Do not create spam accounts for the sake of annoying users with requests or other tactics. Do not disguise yourself in an attempt to contact someone who has blocked you. Show respect to other people's desire for space.
• Do not use inappropriate account usernames that violate our Community Guidelines. This includes but is not limited to usernames that engage in or encourage breaking the law, harassment, hateful conduct, self-destructive behavior or unauthorized sharing of private information.
• Content or activity meant to impersonate another individual or organization is prohibited. Any attempt to misrepresent yourself as a member of GamerProfiles staff or representatives is a zero-tolerance violation and will result in account deletion.
• Distributing viruses. Do not engage in or promote phishing activities. Do not threaten another user with digital harm including but not limited to viruses, hacking, and spying.
• Attempting to steal another user’s account.
• Do not use the available channels to make false reports or spam multiple reports to GamerProfiles. We are committed to addressing each item as it comes in as quickly as we can.